Corning SOLO® ADSS short-span cables are all-dielectric, self-supporting (ADSS) cables designed for easy and economical one-step installation in campus backbones with self-supporting installations where metallic messengers cannot be used.
The loose tube design provides stable performance over a wide temperature range and is compatible with any telecommunications-grade optical fiber. The economical single-jacket design can span distances up to 600 ft in NESC light conditions, 500 ft in NESC medium conditions and 300 ft in NESC heavy conditions (see sag and tension chart for details).
This cable incorporates innovative waterblocking materials, eliminating the need for traditional flooding compound and providing efficient and craft-friendly cable preparation.
While the concentric, self-supporting cable design allows easy, one-step installation using standard hardware and installation methods, the SZ-stranded, loose tube design isolates optical fibers from installation and environmental rigors and facilitates mid-span access.
The ADSS optical cables are also available with a proprietary track-resistant polyethylene (TRPE) jacket suitable for installation in electric field potentials up to 25 kV.
Features And Benefits
• Fiber Category : Multi-mode (OM3)
• Standards : according to National Electrical Code® (NEC®) Article 770
• Design and Test Criteria : IEC 60794-5-10
• Fiber Coloring: Blue, Orange, Green, Brown, Slate, White, Red, Black, Yellow, Violet, Rose, Aqua
• Fiber Count : 36
• Number of Tube Positions : 6
• Number of Active Tubes : 3
• Outer Jacket Color : Black
• Operation : -40 °C to 70 °C (-40 °F to 158 °F )
• Weight : 92 kg/km (62 lb/1000 ft)
• RoHS : Free of hazardous substances according to RoHS 2011/65/EU
• Fiber Category : 50 µm MM (OM3)
• Wavelengths : 850 nm / 1300 nm
• Maximum Attenuation : 3.0 dB/km / 1.0 dB/km
• Serial 1 Gigabit Ethernet : 500 m / 750 m
• Serial 10 Gigabit Ethernet : 150 m / - m
• Min. Overfilled Launch (OFL) Bandwidth : 700 MHz*km / 500 MHz*km
• Minimum Effective Modal Bandwidth (EMB) : 950 MHz*km / - MHz*km
• Loose tube design , Mechanical ruggedness and environmental durability
• Self-supporting , Easy, one-step installation
• Track-resistant polyethylene (TRPE) jacket available , Suitable for installations up to 25 KV electric field potential
• Innovative waterblocking design , Provides efficient and craft-friendly cable preparation